Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ombre Nails - Clear to Glitter

Bored? Do your nails. =D I did this ombre look with no tutorials and I think it came out pretty nice. 
First off your going to need your nail polish. I started off finding this glitter nail polish and then finding the matching shade in regular polish. I also used this clear as the base for the hombre.
 
I know that Rose is really not a clear but in my collection it would do
 
So to get the look:
  1. Coat all your nails of the color rose (almost clear) twice
  2. Using the color with no glitter do the tips (my case purple)
  3. Take the Glitter polish and go over the tip
  4. Then, go over the tip again & color a little bellow the tip line
  5. Repeat step 4, painting the glitter a bit more below then previous giving the ombre illusion (stop about 1/3 of the way) 
  6. Finish with a clear coat on top.
 **Tip as you go down round the swipe of the brush tip so it's not a straight line more of a curve. It helps with the illusion.

There you have it, if anyone has more of a secret of how to form the hombre look please share. I winged this but it helps to know that ways of other.

No comments:

Post a Comment