Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Meal Prepping - Lunch box

I am re-newing  my friendship with the Sistema lunch boxes I had purchasers from Old Navy like 2 years ago.



Beyond grateful for these boxes. I actually want to buy more so I can prep about 5 meals at a time. 

But here is what this one looks like. The concept is to have like a dry sandwich on the left side and then place lined snacks on the right hand side, for easy organization.



These boxes are a great and efficient way to pack a meal and easily carry on the go.

This morning I prepared;

Chicken wrap
- 4oz of grilled chicken marinated in ginger miso dressing
- shredded cheese
- lettuce

Eggs
1 Egg
Diced ham
Green Onions

Rice
Just plain scoop of white rice

This is what the final product looked like:


Then I just close the lid for the left hand side:


Then move the left side over to the right and then.... Voila!!

All closed! I keep the label on the box sort of as a reminder of the things that I can do with this lunch box. But I already have some great ideas. This weekend I am going to try and see if I can still locally purchase some more if these boxes.



i know Sistema  has a great variety of boxes, also with time,I am pretty sure I can step my game up with the meals that I can prep using sistema's kilp it to go box.

That is what I have been doing so far for lunch this week.

 The plan now has to be to have something ready for me when I get home from work so I don't act so psychotic. for example on Monday I made 3 granola parfaits!  or like what I did yesterday. Came home to find an empty bag of McDonald's bag with a container of a Big Mac and fries empty. I then demanded the owner whom got me nothing to get me McDouble before I got to the gym. 
I sat in the parking lot parked 5 rows away eating, hoping that no one would would see me, Really? 

When I write about it afterwards I can see how silly this seems but looking back those feelings that I had last night were very real.

Well I am off to start my day and I will check in later. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment